- I risk being cashiered from the New Mediati if I don’t mention that Jeff Jarvis has a new gig. Several, actually.
- Pay for performance online is indeed changing offline ad models. But this is the wrong way to go.
- The Ventura County Star had to remove user comment capabilities because responses were getting too nasty. Heh. Let the open-source backlash begin.
- A great treatise on connectivity and immediacy.
- It sounds like Rafat Ali is having a lot of conversations similar to the ones I’m having. Sometimes I feel like a (seemingly) mad prophet, too.
- The always-right Alan Mutter on the NYT’s paid content scheme.
- Way off-topic, but Our Gracious Host has one of the best lines I’ve heard in a long time, this one re: the controversy over possible Bush-Bashing in Revenge of the Sith:
After all, Star Wars was about a kid from the desert who met a crazy old man, joined a terrorist organization and blew up a government building.
As part of an exercise for my men’s group Bible study, we…