- BBDO exec: Mobiles to replace TV as prime ad medium. Yet one of the industry’s pioneers urges caustion.
- I’m joining the cool kids– I finally got a Skype account and it seems to work great. Jonesing to test it some more, so "Skype me" at: mikeorren. If I like it over the next few weeks, we may use it as our interim office phone system.
- Mary Schmich: But blogs won’t save newspapers. If anything, they’re
just another wrecking ball swinging at the crumbling monolith,
something that cuts into the time people have to read newspaper columns
and classic "Peanuts."
- Fred Wilson on Craigslist and citizen journalism. Simon Waldman wonders if a Craig model isn’t too fast-and-loose.
- Bob Garfield: An impending period of transitional chaos. Jarvis has some excerpts of the accompanying AdAge article.
- I have seven remaindered links for great Kathy Sierra posts. If you have, have had, or hope to have customers — add her to your reading list.
- Tim Porter: Circulation falling; citizen journos rising.
- For those who don’t yet get how open-source, immediate and interactive the world is getting: Marvel at this hybrid of Craigslist and Google Maps.
Update: We now have a CaringBridge page for folks who want updates.…