Thank you for the latest complimentary upgrade to your Xbox 360 system firmware. I am certain that it represents a substantial investment of time, talent and tender.
Your efforts are apparent not only in the anime-without-the-art avatar that replaced the picture of my dog. There is also the achievement of making one of the most ungainly user interfaces I’ve experienced even more unfathomable. And the bonus of being able to watch Netflix movies with golfball-sized pixelation on my widescreen TV is a treat beyond measure.
I am diasappointed that this highly-touted and long-promised upgrade did nothing about:
- The slideshow mechanism’s lack of configurability. You mean I still can’t control the speed?
- The circa 1996 visualizations for the music player.
- A slideshow that can’t remember shuffle and repeat preferences even though the music player can.
- A device from the biggest browser-supplier in the world that does not allow web browsing.
- A Mac-compatible media center. (At least you managed not to break Connect 360.)
I’m confident that all of these trifles will be resolved with a patch sometime in the early 22nd century.