While cooking our monster turkey the other day, I had occasion to go to the website for Mary’s Free Range Turkey (the brand of our Tom.)
No Web 3.0 design awards to be won there, but as a customer, I was thrilled with the experience.
I wanted to figure out how best to remove the wire binding the legs. I must not be alone, because Mary’s leads with the answer to their most frequently asked question. Not like this is a major brand that people are going to in order to shop — This niche provider knows that most visitors are here with a specific question and are probably in the midst of holiday cooking, not having time to dig for a FAQ link.
There’s other useful info on the siderail, but boy did I appreciate that quick answer. I knew where the giblets would be, but I bet many others don’t. And always good to get a reminder of the proper cooking temperature.
Compare to the slow-loading flash site for turkey giant Butterball.
- Stuck with Turkey? Some Ways to Make It Better (time.com)
- Turkey Techniques: Try Something New This Thanksgiving (time.com)
- Turkey: fiction and fact (sfgate.com)
- Top Five Stupid Questions To Butterball Turkey Talk-Line Number (nowpublic.com)
- Who Is Smarter – You Or The Turkey? (lockergnome.com)