Despite the heat, the summer doldrums must be giving way, as I’m staring down a really busy spate of talks and appearances:
- On August 23, I’ll be giving a talk at UT-Arlington to help The Shorthorn kick off the school year.
- August 28th, I’ll be speaking at OpenCamp about lessons learned from the launch of Pegasus News.
- September 2, you can catch me at the TEDxSMU happy hour.
- September 11, I’ll be speaking on using social media in journalism for The Press Club of Dallas and AAJA Texas.
- Although not officially attending, I’ll probably make a cameo to have a cocktail my friends at the Kelsey Group for their Directional Media Strategies conference, since it is in my backyard.
- September 23-24, I’ll be on an advertising panel at the Community News Summit in Chicago.
- September 25th, I’ll be attending the Walter Hines Page High School Class of 1990 reunion. (More on that later.)
- October 16th, I’ll be attending TEDxSMU
- And, October 29th, I’ll be on a panel about entrepreneurial journalism and new business models at the Online News Association conference. (Excited, as this is my first ONA conference.)
* – Would-be burglars and harassers note that April will be home for most of that and my three big, toothy dogs will be home for all of it.